Sunday, November 13, 2011

Look's Like It's Tea Time!



Hi There Crafty Friends!!!

This is the first project I've done since being selected as a Junior Design Team Member for Getting Cricky!!! I absolutely LOVE her stamps, did I mention that they are made in the USA and Kristal donates $1 from each set to charity!  More importantly I LOVE how kind and generous and the wonderful person that Kristal is!

I made 2 projects to enter into the current Simply Sunday Challenge which is to create something with a hot beverage!! While I'm not a coffee drinker, I do ocassionally like to partake in a nice hot cup of tea. My latest tea indulgence has been peppermint tea!!! I love all things mint and when I found this tea, while sick and grocery shopping, I discovered that it was a match made in heaven,. LOL!!!

Well enough of my babbling about mint tea, of all things, here are my projects!


I think this card definitely reminds me so much of a perfect autumn day drinking a cup of tea. What do you think? The solid paper is Recollections and the patterned papers are from a DCWV autumn stack that I got on clearance last year. The sentiment is from K. Andrews Designs- Coffee & Tea for You & Me

The coffee up and plate are cut from the Smiley Cards cart and I welded the steam from Winter Frolic

Here is a close up of the sentiment. I think this is absolutely perfect! I am planning on virtually sharing this with my close gal pals, because we are definitely the perfect blend! :)


Since I was really feeling the tea-bug, I couldn't stop at just making this card. I've really been dying to make a gift card holder and was able to find a great tutorial on how to make one at Jan's Stamping Creations. After looking at her tutorial I just had to give it a try. I am so happy with how this turned out. See for yourself!


This is the holder completed. The butterfly is from K. Andrew Designs- Winged Things and the sentiment is from the Coffeee & Tea for You & Me set.

Here it is again with a gift card in the second pocket

This is the insert in the 1st pocket that can be used for a message/note. The scrolls are from the K. Andrew Designs - Winter Wishes set

And here it is with nothing in it.

Well that's all I have for today. Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope that you have enjoyed what you have seen. Be sure to stop by again real soon to see what other crafty things I have up my sleeves!

Until Next Time...

Big Crafty Hugs!



4 comments:

Debbie said...

love these gift holders so creative thanks for sharing I am now a follower
Debbie
please come over and follow with me

Unknown said...

I love peppermint anything as well! So yummy. Great card and a wonderful sentiment! Love the colors you used for the gift card holder as well. Very elegant looking!
Thanks for sharing your talent
Heather your Getting Cricky JrDT sister: )

Cheri said...

Lynda,
These cards are both great. I love the colors. The gift card holder is a neat design.
Cheri - Getting Cricky JrDT
www.djssundries.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

What wonderful projects!! Great job!!!!

Amanda
Getting Cricky JrDT
http://cricktncrafts.blogspot.com/