Sunday, January 15, 2012

Simply Sunday Snow & Embossing Challenge & Day 1 of the Getting Cricky Pre-Hop Week

Greetings Crafty Friends!!!

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful weekend! I've found some time to relax and just enjoy some "ME" time!!! We all need some of that every so often!

I want to welcome you to this week's Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge! This week's challenge theme is Let it Snow- Use embossing! I had so much fun creating my project for this challenge and I couldn't wait to share it with everyone. So without further adieu I present to you my project!



I can't begin to tell you how much FUN I had making this card! Now for the details!

These adorable penguins are cut from the Simply Charmed cartridge. The snowflake is from the Christmas Solutions cartridge. All paper is from my pile of scraps! And where is that awesome sentiment from you ask! Well it is from 2 sets from the One and Only K. Andrew Designs line of stamps! I used the Winter Wishes set and Crafty Friends! This was the absolute perfect sentiment for what I had envisioned in my head!

Not only are we having our Simply Sunday Challenge, but this Friday is our Monthly Getting Cricky Blog Hop, which I know that you are going to LOVE! To get everyone excited and pumped about the hop several of my wonderful Design Team Sisters and I have selected on of Kristal's sets to feature for the entier week by sharing different projects each day. We want to show you just how versatile and wonderful each set really is!

The set that I am featuring ALL week is Winged Things!!!

 You can head over to the K. Andrew Designs store to grab your very own set!! I promise you it will be so hard to pick just one, so you are just going to have to get them ALL! :)



The butterfly was cut from the Once Upon  a Princess cartridge. And my sentiment of course was from the Winged Things set!

I love this sentiment not only because of my LOVE for butterflies but because of the inner message that this sentiment conveys. It absolutely perfect!

Well thanks for stopping by! Be sure to stop back by each day this week to see more of the projects that I have made using K. Andrew Designs- Winged Things set!

Getting Cricky Blog Hop

And of course don't forget to join us on Friday, January 20th for our monthly Blog Hop!!! You definitely don't want to miss it!

Until Next Time...

Big Crafty Butterfly Hugs!

  

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Both of your cards are so fabulous, Lynda!! I can't stop smiling at those adorable penguins!! And I just love the butterfly - so pretty!! Great job!!

Lisa
Getting Cricky DT - Sister
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

Wonderful cards!! My favorite is the penguins! Their cute little chubby faces!!! Love em!! :)


Amanda
Getting Cricky JrDt- sister
cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

Anita Braddock said...

This so so Darn Cute. Love the embossed Snowflake
Love Love your Penguins they have great faces.
great job. thanks for sharing
Hugs
Anita getting Cricky Jr. Dt. Sister

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Great cards!! Love the pinguins so cute. The butterfly is pretty too love the background paper.
Kristan
Getting Cricky Jr. DTM-sister

Patti Ross said...

These are just beautiful! GREAT job!

Patti
Getting Cricky Jr. DT-sister

Unknown said...

The faces on the penguin just make me smile. I love them. Adorable butterfly card as well. Love the sentiment.
Heather Getting Cricky Jr DT sister

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the whimsy Penguins Card. Nice face stamping.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Cheri said...

Both cards are great. I especially like the springtime butterfly. I'm ready for Spring!

Cheri - Getting Cricky JrDT
www.djssundries.blogspot.com

CathyinMN said...

Very cute cards!

Miranda said...

Super Cute Cards! TFS
Miranda :)
Getting Cricky JRDT
www.nanasscrapspot.com

The Craftin Mama said...

I love both projects, the penguins are my fav!!!

Ildi your DT sister

Mommy's Crafty Creations said...

Both of your cards are amazing!!

Veronica Getting Cricky JrDT Sister
mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com