Thursday, July 7, 2011

4th of July Banner


Well hello there My Crafty Friends!!! I've missed you all so much, but I think I've finally started to get out of my crafting funk! This is the first summer in 7 years, that I have not worked a full time job and I am enjoying every minute of it! I'm really feeling like I'm having a chance to relax and have fun simply doing whatever I would like to do, in order to be an even better teacher to a new group of 1st graders in August! I'm actually spending my summer tutoring a small group of students, who I've had in the past, and it has been such a FUN experience! Our hour goes by so fast!!!


For the 4th of July my family always gathers together at my grandparent's house for a wonderful time! This year I decided to help my grandma out with the decorations by making a banner for her. I was so proud of myself with this banner because I have finally gotten the hang of making rosettes! I mean I only had to make like 17 of them for this banner! So I definitely got a lot of practice! LOL!

Sorry this isn't the best picture of the entire banner
I used Birthday Bash for all of the banner pieces and letters
The blue paper is Bazzill and the striped paper is Recollection


The center circle on each of the striped sections on the banner are from a piece of cardstock that I picked up at Michaels, I forgot the name of it but it was filled with circles just like this one in four different designs. The blue stars were cut from Baby Steps

I got the '4' and "th" from a sticker set that I also picked up at Michaels.


I hope that you have enjoyed what you have seen today. I have plans to make a few cards this weekend for upcoming birthdays as well as hopefully get back to working on my special gift for my nephew.

Be sure to stop by tomorrow to see some of the things that I was working on as the school year wrapped up!


Until Next Time...

Crafty Hugs,

xX Lynda Xx

0 comments: