Sunday, October 2, 2011

I Think I'm Back

Hello There Crafty World!!!

I know that I have been MIA for well over a month! I can't believe it. I've missed not being able to craft but I think I'm getting into the groove of having a new home and a new school year, and I think  I'm finally going to be able to start crafting again.

During my absence, I did have a chance to craft a few things here and there, so I thought I would take this time share them with you all!

This is a card I made for my younger brother.

This was made for my other younger brother

This is one of the cards I made to welcome back my 1st grade teammates to the New School Year!

The inside of the card

These are the Welcome Back bags that I made for my students! I have 24 lovely students and I had fun making these bags!

Close up of the patriotic apples on each of the bags. Our theme this year is United We Stand...United We Learn

Thank you cards that I made for a few students/families who gave me birthday and back to school gifts

I love how these turned out!

Inside of the Thank You cards

Thank You cards envelope


As I said earlier in my post, things have been pretty crazy. I moved into my new house in the beginning of August and then had to head back to work to prep for the school year. During our Open House we experienced an earthquake, followed by a hurricane that weekend, which closed school for 3 days and then on top of all that there were tornado warnings, and endless amounts of clean up from the hurricane. Luckily, during the hurricane I, personally did not lose power, but several of my family members and students were without power for days.

So with that crazy start to the school year, so many of us have felt like we haven't been able to get our feet on the ground and help our students to adjust. Hopefully this next month will be filled with normalcy for me not only at work, but at home as well. I have been in a bit of funk lately and just have not wanted to do much of anything. It has been tough to deal with, because I know that there are SO many things that I needed to get done to continue to settle into my new house, but I just haven't wanted to do anything. This weekend, was the first weekend where I've really felt like my old self, and feeling like things are looking brighter for me. I hope that this also means, I will be feeling rather crafty too! :)

Sorry that this post is so long, I just wanted to share what has been going on in my life and why I've been M.I.A.

Until Next Time...

Big Crafty Hugs!

0 comments: