Monday, February 13, 2012

Getting Cricky Pre-Hop Week

Good Morning Bloggie Friends!!

Can you believe that  it's already Monday?!? Where oh where does the weekend go so fast! Oh well, I'm looking forward to next weekend because it is a 3-day weekend. You just gotta LOVE those!

I'm back today to share with you my project for the Getting Cricky Pre-Hop Week. My DT sisters and I have challenged ourselve to use ONLY one Cricut Cartridge or SVG cut to showcase for the week along WITH  any K. Andrew Design stamp set.  The cartridge that I am featuring this week is the Smiley Cards cartridge. This is such a fun cartridge that has so many wonderful cuts and best of all, they work GREAT with K. Andrew Design stamps!!!

My preview yesterday featured the card feature on this cartridge. My project today features one of the cuts minus the face because I wanted to use some of my Peach Keen faces. You've waited long enough, so here is my project for today:



It is such an awesome card in person. As you can see I used the cloud cut from this cartridge. I used the Layer 2 feature to get the grey base for each cloud and then made the white layers slightly smaller. I used the Happy Lashes Peachy Keen set for those adorable faces and then I used some stickles to add the "silver lining". My sentiment, which was the inspiration for this card is from the Positive Thoughts set.


K Andrew Designs

Get your very own sets HERE!

I was so pleased with how this card turned out. It turned out so much better than I originally envisioned. But isn't that usually how things work with crafting! :)

If you would like to play along with us this week, be sure to add your project(s) to the link below! I can't wait to see what you create!!!

Be sure to check back in tomorrow to see what my DT Sisters and I have to share with you!!! Don't forget to mark your calendar for our monthly Getting Cricky Blog Hop which happens THIS Friday, February 17th!!! You don't want to miss it!!!






7 comments:

Lisa said...

I absolutely love this!! Those smiling clouds make me smile!! What a happy card...it would make a perfect pick me up for someone who was feeling down!! Awesome card, Lynda :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Jenscrapstoo said...

What a wonderful card, Love the clouds and the sentiment, makes me smile!!
Cheers Jennie
Getting Cricky DT - sister

Amanda said...

Adorable clouds!! Love the faces! :)

Amanda
GettingCricky JrDt - Sister
cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Those clouds are soooo cute! I love them. Perfect sentiment!

Heather - Getting Cricky Jr. DT Sister

Cheri said...

Lynda,
I don't know what the original faces looked like on the clouds, but the ones you used are perfect. This card is great.
Cheri - Getting Cricky JrDT Sister
www.djssundries.blogspot.com

Mommy's Crafty Creations said...

So adorable!!

Veronica JrDt Sister
mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com

The Craftin Mama said...

Very creative use of sentiments!! Love it and their cute little faces!!

Ildi your DT sister