Monday, January 24, 2011

Family Love

It's Monday and the start of a new week! I'm hoping that this week isn't as busy or as long as last week seemed to be. Over the weekend I was thinking about my older sister a lot and decided that I wanted to craft a card that I could send her just to let her know that I was thinking about her. This is my second attempt at making a shape card, and I must say that I am more than pleased with the way the card turned out. I am also going to enter this card in Emma over at My Creative Time's Throwback Thursday Challenge!

I love to use bright colors and this fits my style perfectly!

I used Everyday Paper Dolls for the character and Sweet Treats for the scalloped flower. I then embossed the flower using the Love Language folder that I recently caught on sale!  

My sentiment is from Emma's Mom You Rock stamp set! This is the only set I have of hers so far and I love it!

Her clothes are cut from the DCWV- Plaids, Dots, and Stripes Mat Stack.
I used my Peachy Keen Stamps- Everyday Characters Set for her face!

All papers are from DCWV (Jewels and All Dressed Up)

I added this extra piece to the inside of the card along with some extra ribbon.

I miss my sister a lot and wished that she lived closer! I live in Maryland and she lives all the way in Tennessee!  I know that in due time my wish will come true!

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to stop by later this week to see what new creations I have to share!

Happy Crafting!

~* Lynda *~

3 comments:

Cathryn said...

Really adorable!! You are such a nice sister to send this!! Love the shape! TFS, your new follower Cathryn67 <3
inthepinkcathryn.blogspot.com

Vicky said...

Greetings from TN Lynda, this is a adorable card, the colors pop!I am sure your sister will treasure it. I know all about missing your sister. Where in TN does your sister live. I am just outside of nashville. My sister lives in Vegas.
we talk almost everyday on the phone Thank goodness for verizone family & Friends.
TFS,
Love the song We are family!! that was our family song back in California

Lynda said...

Thanks for the love ladies!

Cathryn 67- Thanks for becoming a follower! I'm heading over to your blog now!

Vicky- she lives in Madison, TN and I'm all the way in Maryland!

I am so thankful for text and Facebook! Without that I don't think we would get to talk as much as we do!